I do realize that my blog has been both boring and ugly for the past week during our move. I apologize for that but I'm blaming my husband. He locked me out of his MacBook and my computer is packed away. POS ipad's don't have plugger inners for the card reader so I cant download (upload?!?) any pictures.
We are settled in at a hotel in Annapolis. It is really gorgeous here. Fall is prettier than I imagined it being. Maybe Hawaii was indeed missing out like so many of my military friends proclaimed (especially Lauren!). I didn't believe them having never experienced a real fall but perhaps, in fact, they were right.
Here is what I am loving right now
* the fact that my daughter is napping on time. Schedules and napping + road trip and hotels= epic FAIL. Now that we are settled (kind of) it's back to regular naps and bed time.
* making the final decision that we are going to purchase a home here instead of rent. There is so much to choose from and unlike our previous locations in Orange County and Hawaii, we can actually afford a nice place!
* having a place to go for Thanksgiving. I laughed when people asked where we were going for Thanksgiving and said, "Olive Garden" (my fave restaurant) pretending that it wasn't a shitty alternative because we don't have any friends yet in our new location. A guy that B met in school invited us to his girlfriends house for dinner. SCORE! I love Thanksgiving food and now that we have somewhere to go I don't mind saying that Olive Garden would have been a sub- par alternative.
* the wine glass that I stole from a hotel bar a couple hotels ago. It's much nicer drinking my nightly glass of wine from a glass as opposed to the little water cups they leave in hotel bathrooms.
* cable. Hotels have cable. I love cable. Remember when I gave up cable so I would stop watching so much ridiculous reality tv? Mamma's back. I. Love. It. All.