Today, Janna from Who Am I? is taking over the blog with a guest post and a Target AND Starbucks giveaway! Welcome, Janna!
***My name is Janna and I blog over at Who Am I? I came up with my title because I believe everyone has or will come to that point in life where you don't know who you are anymore. It could be a small revelation or a big one. But when you come to that point, you know something has to change for better or worse. I reached that point a few months ago. You see, I'm not your typical 24 year old. By the time I was 18 years old, I was already married. By 19, I had a newborn son and my husband of one year was deployed overseas. During his deployment, I enrolled in college. A year past and he thankfully came back to me safe and sound. After attending school for 2 years, I found out I was pregnant again...and that my husband would be deploying...again. Another year passed, he again returned home safe and sound.
As I sat contemplating who exactly I was and feeling even more lost, I decided to start over. I needed a clean slate. I deleted my old blog and started writing from the heart without holding anything back. What do I write about you may be asking yourself? Well, I write about Jesus, marriage, family life, what I'm learning in college, the Army, what's weighing heavily on my heart, and what makes me laugh. Slowly but surely, I'm finding out who I am. All while trying to remain steady on the balance beam that is life. I may be lost but I know I'll be found--sooner or later :)
* * *
Those words scare me. Why? Because honestly, I have no idea what to write and I'm scared of putting myself out there on other people's blogs. When I sat down two hours ago to write this post, my mind went blank. What would the readers of Handling with Grace want to read from me? What would interest them? I thought and thought and went on Pinterest for a little bit. And then it came to me. Why not write a post of five things that I think are interesting about myself? So, here goes nothing!
5 Facts about me
1. I married by husband after dating him for three months. I am proud to say that come February, we will be celebrating six years together!
2. I can cook gourmet meals from the likes of Food Network and Julia Childs but for the life of me, I cannot make eggs and bacon! The irony is cruel.
3. I was 22 years old when I finally got my driver's license. I had a permit since I was 16 but never had the courage to take the test until my second child was born.
4. I have an Irish lilt. I keep it under tight control all the time. However, when I get mad or when I'm sick, it comes out in full force. Am I from Ireland? No, but my grandfather was Irish and his accent rubbed off on me as a child. I love and miss my granddad.
5. I've been writing two romance novels for a year now. One is a contemporary romance and the other is a historical. If you want to read them, here are the links: Sealed by Fire and Capturing Love at Midnight.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little about me! I would like to leave you with a gift. Here is a $25 Target gift card and a $10 Starbucks card to make the holidays just a little sweeter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now it's time for the Wednesday Walkabout.
What is a Walkabout?
What is a Walkabout?
It's a blog link-up party, every week here and with our co-hosts! Simply put your blog address or a specific post in the linky, visit some other people, and make some friends. Easy as that! I can't wait to talk to everyone!
Something new! One "Mystery Host" and will have their link as #5 in the linky, as well as be featured in Rule #1. Follow all 4 hosts on GFC or Bloglovin' and then keep an eye out next week to see if you're the lucky Mystery Host!
PS: You only have to link up with one of the co-hosts, it will link to all four sites!
1. Place your link in the linky below and make some new friends. Simple as that.
If you're a new follower of Handling With Grace, let me know so I can visit you back!